- •• RECENT POSTS ••
- 15 Now PDX: Next General Membership Meeting 3/24
- Next Wave Scholarship to Council 75 Convention April 24-26
- L88 Seniority List Updated
- Push Back the Fast Track: Join the Rally!
- Watch Your Pay Stub for Adjustment
- General Membership Meeting: Agenda for 2-18-15
- AFSCME Green Volunteer Event on March 7
- JOIN AFSCME AND STATE TREASURER Ted Wheeler
- L88 Members Needed at City Minimum Wage Hearing
Our next general meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 24 at 6pm in the basement conference room at 1500 NE Irving St. We will be planning for the upcoming committee hearings in Salem, talking about our long term strategy, as well as discussing the local plans for the April 15th national day of action for $15. We hope to see you all at the meeting!
To RSVP go to https://www.facebook.com/events/666752986790176/
Do you want to get more involved with the Union? Do you want to see how our Union Leaders get elected? Do you want to see how the Council operates? Then apply for a Next Wave Scholarship!
This year Next Wave will be giving out several scholarships to attend the statewide convention in Salem. Members who receive a scholarship have the chance to attend this biennial conference and learn about the political process of the Council.
Members that are selected to go must be willing to share a room
with a member of the same sex and will be asked to attend all
Convention related activities.
If you have and questions please email Nextwave@oregonafscme.com
[ Apply Here ]
The annual Local 88 seniority list has been updated for 2015.
Local 88 employees have 30 days, until April 2, 2015, to review the list and contact Human Resources with errors. After the review period, the list will be republished reflecting any changes. If employees believe there is an error in their seniority dates, they should contact (1) their department HR unit or (2) Steve Herron in Labor Relations using the process outlined in the cover letter on Multco Commons.
Employees can access the seniority list and related information at the Multco Commons.
Employees should take note of the following seniority appeal provisions:
- If no grievance is filed within 30 days of an employee contacting Central Human Resources about a seniority issue, the seniority calculation is deemed correct and no grievances may be filed on that issue at a later date.
- Employees may only file grievances over seniority calculations since the effective date of the previous contract - July 1, 2011.
- Seniority date appeals are frozen during the bumping/layoff process. This year, the freeze date begins May 1, 2015.
The following types of employees are not reflected on the seniority list because they do not accrue seniority:
- Limited duration employees (note: regular employees with a limited duration assignment will be listed in their base classification).
Oregon can’t afford another free trade deal like NAFTA, and we have a chance to put pressure on Senator Ron Wyden and Congressman Earl Blumenauer to stand with Oregon’s workers and say NO to Fast Track and NO to the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
Join us on March 9th and rally to end fast track, stand against the TPP, take actions to help Oregon workers and more.
FYI, We have received the following information from Payroll:
Payroll has updated the tax tables in the system which required them to run the payroll retro to 12/16/14 to recalculate the taxes for payments made in 2015.
Most employees will see a refund of taxes previously withheld on the upcoming 2/27/15 paycheck
The refund will display on the check stub as “/552 Difference Prev.Per” and will be anywhere from a few cents to $100 depending on income and filing status.
If you wish to review your tax withholding’s, please go to the employee self serve site on Commons. You can review what you are currently claiming and make changes at this site. Thank you.
Johnson Creek Watershed Council 10 locations need help! Clearing, planting, and mulching for a healthier watershed. Family-friendly event! Gloves and equipment provided. Wear your UNION colors. UNION PROUD… UNION STRONG!
AFSCME environmental caucus is encouraging local union members to participate in the Clatsop Butte Park planting, near SE 156th and Evergreen Drive. Look for Friends of Trees signage and AFSCME green banners.
- Saturday, March 7
Friends of Trees will be supplying 1,000 native plants and trees for the event. Complimentary thank you lunch Join JCWC at Wall Street Pizza, 201 N. Main St., Gresham or JCWC Headquarters, 1900 SE Milport Rd., Milwaukie.
For questions or to register for this event, either as a group or individually, call Amy at 503-652-7477 or email email@example.com.
When you call tell them you are a union member and would like to be part of the Clatsop Butte planting. Visit JCWC’s website: www.jcwc.org to see other locations.
To download the flier, click [ HERE ] (contains driving directions).
Oregon State Treasurer, Ted Wheeler, Hosts Retirement Saving for All Oregonians Forum. All members are invited to this meeting with State of Oregon Treasurer Wheeler to discuss plans ensuring retirement security for all Oregonians.
- When: Thursday February 12, 2015 Time: 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- Location: Milwaukie Community Center 5440 SE Kellogg Creek Dr, Milwaukie
- State Treasurer – Ted Wheeler
- Oregon AARP – Joyce DeMonnin
- Oregon AFSCME – Joe Baessler
- The Main Street Alliance of Oregon – Stephen Michael
The Portland city council hearing on a proposed change to the city’s Fair Wage Policy (up to $15/hr in wages + $2.20/hr in benefits) is coming up at 2pm on Wednesday February 18.
15 Now PDX is seeking Local 88 members to join them at the hearing to lend support for this initiative.
- What: Portland City Council Hearing on $15 Fair Wage Policy
- When: Wednesday February 18, 2015 at 2pm
- Where: Portland City Hall, 1221 SW 4th Ave. Portland, OR
Social media event page link: https://www.facebook.com/events/755621621182803/