Dear Local 88-1 Members,
This afternoon we reached a Tentative Agreement on a new union contract. We made strong headway in number of areas. Below is a brief summary:
- Retro to 7/1/2016: $0.65/hour or 3% increase to your hourly rate, whichever is greater.
- 7/1/2017: $0.55/hour or 1.5%, whichever is greater
- 7/1/2018: 0.55 or 1.5%, whichever is greater
- Step increase schedule is accelerated to provide advancement up the wage scale more rapidly at years 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14. Employees currently past year 14 will advance under the old schedule of 15, 20, and 25.
- Clarified language around out of class pay and wage rates changes after a promotion or transfer.
- Market based selective salary increases of $0.65/hour for Medical Records/Hooper Admit Clerks & OTC Front Desk Receptionists.
Holidays and Paid Leave:
- Corrected contract language so that less than 1.0 FTE members receive holiday pay for all worked during their scheduled shift on a holiday.
- Seniority preference for PTO and Vacation leave scheduling.
Updated contract language with Oregon Sick Leave Law providing more protection for an employee using PTO for a sick leave purpose.
Seniority bidding rights for vacancies expanded: J2’s and Lead CBA’s are in the same class; Crew 1 and Crew 2 are in the same class; Sobering Techs 1, 2 and IER will remain in the same class.
- Clarified the process for shift replacement.
- Final Warnings are reduced to written warnings after 12 months if there is no disciplinary action during that time period.
- Additional information will be coming out shortly concerning the full detail of the settlement and the ratification date, times and locations.
The Local 88-1 Bargaining Team
Final agenda will be distributed at the meeting. GM2016.06.15A
Good morning. I wanted to pass along a brief update regarding the market adjustment bargaining agreement.
Wednesday May 18, Local 88 membership overwhelmingly voted to ratify the agreement. Yesterday morning, the Multnomah Board of Commissioners also formally ratified the agreement.
With these procedural hurdles cleared, those impacted should expect retroactive pay to be included in your paycheck before the completion of the fiscal year. As we are paid in arrears, It is most likely that the retro pay will be on your 7/15 check, but it is possible that it could appear as early as the 6/30 paycheck.
Click here for Implementation Examples_2015
|Environmental Health Trainee
|Environmental Health Specialist
|Environmental Health Specialist Sr.
|Food Service Worker
|Maintenance Specialist 1
|Maintenance Specialist 2
|Maintenance Specialist Sr.
|Bridge Maintenance Mechanic
|Facility Security Officer
|Office Assistant 1
|Office Assistant 2
|Office Assistant Sr.
As announced at the May General Membership meeting, Local 88 will reimburse the tuition of up to 5 members to attend the LERC Summer School, on a first come-first served basis. It is possible that the membership may consider reimbursing additional members at the June GM. Register on your own at the LERC website, http://lerc.uoregon.edu/events/summer-school/. Click here to apply for reimbursement.
Final version to be distributed at the meeting. GM2016.05.18A
The final agenda will be distributed at the meeting. Click here : GM2016.04.20A (1) for the draft.