Holiday Party Update
Use this link to register yourself & anyone who will be joining you
The zoom link for this event will be sent via email to all union members.
The AFSCME Local 88 party will be the last union hosted event of 2021. When we gather as union members and families we build relationships and solidarity. The planning committee for this event has worked hard to create an evening of fun and appreciation.
When asked to share one work-related appreciation here are a few union members responses
- My work group has taken the chaos and anger of the last year and channeled it into making positive change
- I’m grateful that I’m a part of a team that has open communication at all levels where leadership leads by example
- My team has been super supportive with helping me learn new tasks.
- My team is amazing. They worked so hard thru the pandemic assisting consumers in a closing NF to find alternative placement
We are proud to welcome to our AFSCME Local 88 Holiday Gathering Drag Queen Bingo featuring Poison Waters and Friends. This fun-filled, family-friendly event will also include a Holiday Fashion show. The categories (open to individual, duos or groups) for the Holiday Fashion show are listed here so you may begin creating your winning fashion now:
- Festive Holiday Sweater or Outfit
- Ugly/ Unusual Holiday Sweater or Outfit
- Coordinated Holiday (you and someone(s) or something else in festive and or matching outfits)
Fred Meyer gifts cards will be awarded as prizes and range in value from $25 to $500
We understand that some may experience barriers related to virtual events. We want to make this gathering as accessible to all our members and their loved ones as possible. Please let us know if you need support by reaching out to email@example.com by 12/1/21 we will work with you to help in whatever way we can.
In the event that you are not able to attend, please accept our wishes for happy holidays and a New Year full of union power and WINS!
2021 Presents from Partners
**UPDATE 12/7/21: Presents for Partners has reached their capacity and is no longer accepting applications.
Unions are coming together to host a festive day of giving with toys, handmade stockings, a ready-to-eat Spin Catering family meal, parent’s gifts and more!
Due to ongoing COVID safety concerns, the 2021 event will again be a Holiday Toy Delivery Day. Toys and food will be personally delivered to your union referred family’s doorsteps!
IS MY FAMILY A GOOD FIT FOR THE BIG DAY OF GIVING?
✓ Have you, or your partner, been out of work for 2 or more weeks in last 6 months; or sustained financial strain thru COVID, wildfire, medical, or other hardship?
✓ Do you live within an hour of the metro area?
✓ Could you use a little boost this holiday with toys and holiday cheer for your children?
Let’s all join together to make this year’s event the best yet!