AFSCME Local 88 is recruiting a Communications Specialist. The Communications Specialist will be responsible for developing content and advising on communication strategies to accurately represent AFSCME Local 88. The Communications Specialist will monitor Local 88 social media accounts. This position includes a $400 monthly stipend and requires a high level of flexibility and responsiveness.
As the Communications Specialist you will:
- Create content, proofread, advise and support the development of content for the AFSCME Local 88 website, social media, and other platforms www.afscmelocal88.org
- Monitor and manage Local 88 social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and future accounts as determined) and address issues as they arise
- Adapt print, email, and other content to social media platforms
- Develop Member Profiles to share on www.afscmelocal88.org
- Serve as temporary back up when the Web Administrator is unavailable
Apply now! Please tell us a little bit about yourself and why you are interested in this opportunity. Responses will be accepted August 18-29, 2022.