Although we just completed bargaining our contract, and our next contract expiration date is in 2025, we are beginning to prepare for the next round of bargaining.
Council 75 is hosting a Virtual Bargaining Summit on December 10, from 9AM – 1PM. This event is open to all of our locals across the State of Oregon and will be packed with information.
For those who just completed participating in bargaining, this will be an opportunity to share best practices, what worked, what didn’t work, how to best use strengths and overcome weaknesses.
Also on the agenda to be discussed are the following topics:
- Implementation of Oregon Paid Family Medical Leave Insurance
- Bargaining Strategically
- Showing Strength At Bargaining By Increasing Membership
- Preserving our Right/Duty to Bargain
- Ground Rules for Bargaining
- Messaging During Bargaining
- How to Prepare for a Strike